15 mm Heritage Miniatures painted in the colourful uniform of the 14th New York Volunteers (Brooklyn Chasseurs). The Brocklyn Chasseurs are mounted on 25 × 22 mm infantry stands compatible with Fire and Fury. The uniform has been painted correctly, but there should be a dark blue band around the red kepi.
The 14th Brooklyn was formed on 5 July 1847 as the 14th Regiment New York State Militia (N.Y.S.M.). In 1860, the regiment adopted a French Chasseur uniform similar in style to that worn by Colonel Ellsworth’s 19th Illinois Volunteer Infantry (Ellsworth Zouave Cadets). The 14th New York was officially mustered into the Union Army on 23 May 1861 as the 84th New York Volunteer Infantry. During its three-year enlistment, the 14th NY participated in the major campaigns of the eastern theater of operations. The 84th New York was mustered out on 6 June 1864, shortly after the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House
- dark blue Chasseur jacket with red shirt false front
- officers wore the regulation uniform or frock coat
- dark blue cuffs with red trim
- red trefoil epaulettes
- red sash
- red trousers (with gold stripe for officers)
- white gaiters
- red kepi with dark blue band
The French chasseur-style uniform was often confused by contemporary observers, who considered the 14th New York a Zouave regiment. Unlike other regiments, the 14th New York maintained the colourful chasseur uniform throughout its three-year term of enlistment in the Union Army.
- First Battle of Bull Run (2nd Division, 1st Brigade), 1861
- Second Battle of Bull Run, 1862
- Battle of Antietam (V Corps, 1st Division, 2nd Brigade), 1862
- Battle of Fredericksburg, 1862
- Battle of Chancellorsville, 1863
- Gettysburg (I Corps, 1st Division, 2nd Brigade), 1863
- Battle of the Wilderness, 1864
- Battle of Spotsylvania Court House, 1864
- Haythornthwaite, Philip: Uniforms of the American Civil War (Poole, 1975), Plate 24
- Waud, Alfred Rudolph: Skirmish between the Brooklyn 14th and 300 Rebel Cavalry (1862)
Domande più frequenti
Per ulteriori informazioni, per favore contatta la redazione di Rivista Military Miniatures nel Miniatures Forum.