The American Soldier is an all-new look at U.S. ground forces. It stresses the development of America’s Army e Marines from their colonial beginnings through to the present, showing how each campaign from the French e Indian Wars to the Panamanian Invasion of 1989 has affected them. Campaigns rarely featured in general texts, such as the War of Texan Independence, receive coverage in this book.
Special attention has been paid to the history, organization, weapons e overall philosophy of American ground troops in each era. The history of the combat soldier’s personal equipment is also traced throughout the period, ending with a description of a 21st-century fighting suit now being developed. Elite 20th-century units such as the Special Forces e Rangers have their own chapters.
Detailed information, dates e numbers make the text more than just a general look at America’s ground forces. In addition to the text, full-color illustrations by the world’s leading military artists, backed up with dozens of black e white photographs, paintings e drawings, trace visually the development of American military uniforms, both for dress e in the field.
Philip Katcher is a native Californian, born just one month before Pearl Harbor. He has studied history at the University of Maryland, Temple University, e the University of Pennsylvania. He is the author of 17 titles covering American military history in the Men-at-Arms series, as well as four titles in the Vanguard series. On the staff of Military Images Magazine, he has contributed to many other publications in the United States, Great Britain e France. He was elected a Fellow of the Company fo Military Historians e was for many years active in living history groups involved in Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War 1 e World War 2 events. He now lives not far from the site of the Continental Army campsite of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Titolo: The American Soldier, US Armies in uniform, 1755 to the present
- Epoca: 1755–1990
- Tipo: Uniform Guide
- Autore: Philip Katcher
- Designatore: Gerry Embleton, Michale Roffe, Bryan Fosten, Paul Hannon, Ron Volstad, Jeffrey Burn, Chris Collingwood, Andy Carroll, Mike Chappell, Angus McBride
- Formato: 224-page book with 160 full-color illustrations
- Lingua: Inglese
- Casa Editrice: Military Press, New York, NY
- ISBN: 0850459842
- Pubblicato: 1990
- The Colonial Wars, 1755–1783
- The War of 1812
- The War of Texan Independence, 1835–1836
- The Mexican-American War, 1846–1848
- US Cavalry on the Plains, 1850–1890
- The Civil War, 1861–1865
- The Union Army
- The Confederate Army
- The Indian Wars, 1866–1890
- The US Army, 1890–1920
- The US Army in World War 2, 1941–1945
- US Army Rangers & LRRP Units, 1942–1990
- The US Marine Corps, 1945–1990
- The Korean War, 1950–1953
- US Army Special Forces, 1952–1990
- The Vietnam War, 1962–1975
- US Forces in the Americas, 1983 & 1989–1990
- The US Army Today
- US Infantry Equipment, 1775–1910
- US Army Combat Equipment, 1910–1990
Philips Katchers’s book is an excellent resource for giocatori wargame e miniatures painters interested in recreating American soldiers e régiments in miniature.
Domande più frequenti
Per ulteriori informazioni, per favore contatta la redazione di Rivista Military Miniatures nel Miniatures Forum.