La Guerra dei Sette Anni has been the poor relations to the Napoleonic era in wargaming terms for a long time, yet it has just as much colour, e the conflict was even more widespread. This set of rules is an attempt to persuade the hardened Napoleonic buff to try an earlier period.
The rules contained in this booklet are not original to the compilers. In slightly varied form they first appeared in a now sadly out of print book called "Charge! – or how to play War Games", which was published by Morgan-Grampian Books Ltd. of London in 1967. We are deeply indebted to the publisher’s successors, Blackie & Sons of Glasgow, for their kind permission to publish theses rules, based on those in that excellent book.
The rules are designed for the Guerra dei Sette Anni in western Europe, but there are supplements to extend the coverage to other theaters, ed indeed to other wars - namely la rivoluzione americana, le guerre napoleoniche, e l’insurrezione giacobita nel 1745.
It will be noted that the rules are free of the cumbersome reaction, caduti e morale charts usually found in recent regolamenti di wargame. In the opinion of the compilers, this produces wargames where rule-checking is reduced to a minimum e the spirit of the game is maintained.
One anomaly may be detected in the text in that there are rules covering light troops when generally these were not encountered until after the Guerra dei Sette Anni. However, there were exceptions – The Jäger prussiani ed Austrian Grenzer for example - e the inclusion of such troops adds interest, panic e flavour to wargames.
There are no rules for the occupancy of buildings for it is found that this tends to stultify e channel wargames in this period, so buildings are simply treated as decorative obstacles.
The rules give a simple, enjoyable e fast-moving game, ideal for due o more amicable opponents. We sincerely hope you enjoy your wargaming using these rules, e we would be pleased to hear criticism, praise o suggestions. -- Stuart A. Asquith, Alan Cook
- Titolo: Charge! - Regolamento di Wargame sulla Guerra dei Sette Anni
- Epoca: Guerra dei Sette Anni, 1756–1763
- Tipo: Tactical Miniature Wargame
- Scala del Tempo: none given
- Scala del Terreno: none given
- Scala del Truppe: 1 figure = 33 men
- Basette: 20 × 20 mm per fante, 20 × 40 mm per cavaliere
- Autori: Brigadier Peter Young (retired)
- Editor: Stuart A. Asquith, Alan Cook
- Formato: 23-page rule book
- Lingua: Inglese
- Casa Editrice: Athena Books, Doncaster, England
- Pubblicato: 1979
- General Notes
- Base Sizes
- Figure Scales
- Guard Units
- Sequence of Play
- Battaglioni di linea e granatieri
- Battaglioni di fanteria leggera
- Reggimenti di cavalleria
- Artiglieria Battery
- Battaglioni di Engineer
- Battaglioni di milizia
- Move Distances
- Influence of Terrain on Movement
- Artiglieria Firing
- Calculating Effect on Troops
- Other Targets
- Captured Guns
- Spiked Guns
- Conditions for Fanteria di Linea
- Calculating Effect for Fanteria di Linea
- Conditions for Fanteria Leggera in Open Order
- Calculating Effect for Fanteria Leggera
- Firing at Charging Troops
- Types of Melee
- Results of Melee
- Understrength Units
- Field Works
- Supplement for la guerra dei Sette Anni in Canada
- Supplement for l’insurrezione giacobita nel 1745
- Supplement for la rivoluzione americana
- Supplement for le Guerre Napoleoniche
- Artiglieria a cavallo
- Reserve o Position artiglieria
- Artiglieria della Guardia
- Unit Organisations
- National Organisation for the Guerra dei Sette Anni
- Gran Bretagna
- Further Reading
Trovatore di Avversari
Please join our Miniatures Forum to find fellow giocatori wargame in your area who share your interest in the Ancient period of warfare. Il Miniatures Forum è una rete sociale per modellisti, giocatori wargame, e collezionisti di soldatini.
Domande più frequenti
Per ulteriori informazioni, per favore contatta la redazione di Rivista Military Miniatures nel Miniatures Forum.