The duchy of Carinthia was authorized by imperial decree dated 9 Juni 1808 to raise five Landwehr battalions, three in Klagenfurt e two in Villach. These battalions had a strength of 750 to 800 men in six companies, although the actual campaign strength may have been lower. It was common practise to converge Landwehr battalions to bring them up to strength for an impeding engagement.
Ufficiali of the Carinthian Landwehr wore green double-breasted coatees with silver buttons, green facings with red edging, red collar with silver lace, red cuffs with two silver buttons, e red turnbacks; grey Hungarian breeches with red thigh knots, black boots with green trim, black sabre belts, ed un bicorno or top hat with the national cockade on the left side.
Non-commissioned officers wore a similar uniform, but without the collar lace, with plain grey breeches, e short black gaiters reaching just below the knee. The soldiers received grey double-breasted tunics with silver buttons e red edging, grey cuffs with red edging, e red turnbacks; grey breeches, short black gaiters, black leather crossbelts, e the usual brown calfskin knapsack.
Landwehr Carinziana, 1809
- 1. Landwehr-Battaglione Klagenfurt
- 2. Landwehr-Battaglione Klagenfurt
- 3. Landwehr-Battaglione Klagenfurt
- 1. Landwehr-Battaglione Villach
- 2. Landwehr-Battaglione Villach
- Ufficial, Landwehr Carinziana, 1809, 1:30 del Prado 031
- Landwehr Austriaca (Cilindro), 25 mm Old Glory AXI-27
- Landwehr Austriaca, 1:72 HäT
- Landwehr Austriaca 1809 (Cilindro, Cappello), 15 mm Mirage 1501
- Landwehr Austriaca, Command, 15 mm AB Figures
- Landwehr Austriaca (Cilindro), 15 mm AB Figures KK36
- Landwehr Austriaca, marciando, 15 mm Battle Honors BAU07
- Landwehr Austriaca, 6 mm Irregular Miniatures AUN9
Domande più frequenti
Per ulteriori informazioni, per favore contatta la redazione di Rivista Military Miniatures nel Miniatures Forum.